The other night, I had a craving for cheesecake (what’s new?), but no energy whatsoever to make one. I don’t know about you, but no-bake cheesecakes have never really been in my vocabulary. And if you’re accustomed to baking cheesecakes, you know just how much time goes into making them.
In other words, too much time for a sleep-deprived mama with a whole lot of chores to complete before her bedtime in two hours.
So I ran to Pinterest and found a couple of bite-sized strawberry cheesecake recipes that didn’t require much effort. After sorting through my favorite few, I came up with a recipe that fostered elements of each one (not to mention everything I used was already lying in my fridge or cabinets). Ultimately, I ended up with a go-to that even my husband—a cheesecake cake hater to the max—is obsessed with!
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
4 oz cream cheese
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
Graham cracker crumbs (optional)
Piping or Ziploc bag
1. Wash and dry strawberries; slice them in half lengthwise. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Spoon mixture into piping bag.
3. Squeeze about 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto each strawberry half. Set aside.
4. Place chocolate chips and about 2 tablespoons of whipped cream into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds; stir until smooth.
5. Fill an empty piping or Ziploc bag with melted chocolate. If using a Ziploc bag, cut the bottom corner to create a frosting tip of your desired size. Drizzle chocolate over each strawberry cheesecake bite.
6. Top with whipped cream and garnish with graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!
© ShanaScribbles, 2017